Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken

Hey yall. Ok so today's real post is about my fish.

First my fish. I have a 10 gal fish tank, with 13 fish inside. Dont worry they are all small fish. And they all have names. Let's start with the two gold fish. Nemo the 4th and Alex the 2nd. Ya now those two have a funny background. Lets start with Nemo. So I had some trouble at the beginning of setting up my tank. I lost alot of fish. My first fish was named Nemo. He was a orange and white gold fish. He died after one day. So I went back to the pet store and exchanged him for a new orange and white gold fish (Nemo 2). He lived the night so I ended up getting 2 more smaller gold fish. Apparently they are very dirty fish because they died the next day because there was too much ammonia in the water. So back to the store I went. I then picked up two more goldfish (Nemo 3 and Alex). And finally I had fish that stayed alive.



So on to my other fish.... After a few weeks I began to get other tropical fish. I got Gerald (the sucking fish (sorry dont know the name)), Jim (gourami), nana (loach), Danny (danio), and Josh (albino catfish). So yall are prob like that is only 7 fish. yall are right. I just bought 2 schools of fish. 3 black and silver striped ones and 2 orange ones. They dont have names yet.

And back to the goldfish story... so we left off with nemo 3 and alex. And yes they are still alive. They got way too big for the tank so I let them free in the zoo. Yes I do mean inside the Houston Zoo. So that now leaves us with Nemo 4 and Alex 2.



So I went to Austin this past weekend, and the weekend before. I had a great time. I got to stay with my cousin, Lauren, both times. Had a great time. 2 weeks ago I went up there for roundup. Went to the AEPI party and had a blast. Alex and Amy stayed with us that weekend. Josh (my best friend) joined us on Sat. It was fun just hanging out. I really need to do that more often. My Aunt and I also went to lunch together and we saw these huge great danes. I want one!!!




Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken



Ingredients
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 cup chopped red onion
3/4 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 cup chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup white wine, divided
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley leaves
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Directions
In a saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is hot add the onions and saute until translucent. Stir in the artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, then add the salt, pepper and garlic. When the garlic begins to lightly brown, deglaze with 1/4 cup of the white wine. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the butter, allow it to melt, then toss in the Parmesan and parsley.


Remove from the heat and allow to cool before stuffing the chicken breast.


Rinse, trim and pound out chicken breasts to about 1/4-inch thick. Do not over-pound as holes in the chicken will make it difficult for the chicken to retain the stuffing.


Put 1/4 of the stuffing mixture at 1 end of a chicken breast. Gentle roll the chicken breast folding the ends in to help keep the stuffing from coming out during the cooking process. Secure the chicken roll with 2 toothpicks. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts and stuffing.


Heat the 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a medium saute pan over high heat. Add the chicken breasts, with the secured side of the chicken first, to insure the roll with stay together. Brown the chicken on all sides, add remaining butter, and deglaze with remaining white wine.


Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes.


Remove the chicken to a cutting board and discard the toothpicks. Slice each breast on a bias into 5 pieces and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with remaining pan drippings, garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan and serve.

1 comment:

  1. MMM that chicken looks great!
    I'm new to the blog world too. Come on over and visit! http://alieinwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete