Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Espresso Ice Cream

Hey everyone! So I've been terrible at keeping up with my blogs. And I cant stick with anything. So my challenge to myself is to keep this blog, and actually post to this blog.

For everyone out there who doesnt know me, my name is Stacey. I'm 22, and I still live at home with the parents. Yes I wanna move out sooooo bad, but hey, its free. Why turn down free rent right?

What else.... I love horses. I've owned 5 horses throught my life so far. My first horse was named Shilo. He was a thourobred. I loved him soooo much. I had him when I was 16 years old. I road him professionally as a hunter jumper. Unfortuately he died young from collic. My next horse I got my freshmin year of college. Her name was Hershy Kiss. She was a 2 year old mustang. She was so much fun, but I ended up selling her because I moved back home to texas. (I was in Arizona). Next 3 horses I loved very much. Penny, Slick, and Julila Zee. I still have part ownership of Julila, aka Julie, but Penny and Slick were sold. There is sooo much I can tell yall about them, but Ill leave that for a later post.

So thats all about me for now. So I told yall that I want to keep this blog up this time, so I might need yall's help. If I stop updating, I need yall to post on here and tell me to update. I'm a very lazy person, and I just need to be motivated to do something.

So I would like to end all my posts with a recipe. If yall have any requests, let me know and I'll post.

Espresso Ice Cream

Ingredients
nocoupons
3 cups half-and-half
6 extra-large egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
Pinch salt
2 1/2 tablespoons ground espresso coffee beans, regular or decaffeinated
1 tablespoon Kahlua liqueur
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 ounces (1/2 cup) chocolate-covered espresso beans, chopped
Directions
Heat the half-and-half until it forms bubbles around the edge of the pan and steam starts to rise. Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the egg yolks, sugar, and salt until mixed. Slowly add the hot half-and-half until combined. Wipe out the pan and pour the mixture back into the clean pan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 5 to 10 minutes, until it's thickened and the cream coats the back of the spoon. Pour the cream through a fine-meshed sieve into a bowl. Add the ground espresso beans, KahlĂșa, and vanilla and refrigerate until completely chilled.

Pour the espresso cream into an ice-cream freezer and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Mix in the chopped espresso beans, spoon into a container, and allow to freeze for a few hours. Soften slightly before serving.

Note: Be sure you have finely ground espresso beans, not instant espresso

1 comment:

  1. While I my self do know much about horses I just thought I would tell you that I am going to follow this blog just for the recipes. and maybe along the way I might just learn something I didn't know.

    Thanks
    Michael
    http://rhinehartsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete