Thursday, April 7, 2011

Swedish Pancakes

You know what I hate? Waking up in the morning. Have you ever had those dreams where you just really want to know what's gonna happen but you get woken up before you find out? That happens to me like every morning. I'm also one of those people that's cursed with remembering all her dreams. Even if I have multiple during the night, I'll still remember all of them. So the dream I was having when I woke up was about some war, which the side I was fighting on lost. I didn't die though, i hid in a shed till it was over then started dancing with the other side, hoping no one would notice that I was their enemy. I don't know where that dream was going cause I woke up but it was weird all the same.



Another reason I hate waking up is because I also hate growing up. Dealing with life in the real world. Nothing is ever just black and white anymore, not there is alot of gray in between. So if I wake up I have to deal with the real world. I like dream world alot better, even it that means flying on dragons or being chased by dinosaurs. I hate having to always be stressed about jobs, money, friends, and school.



My mother is sick again. This is the second time in two months that shes gotten a cold. She needs to stay far away from me right now!!

Alright time to feed the fish and clean up my room!!



Swedish Pancakes

Ingredients
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups whole milk
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Confectioners' sugar, maple syrup and fresh fruit, for garnish
Directions
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Combine the flour, milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and salt in a blender; process until smooth.


Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Warm the same skillet over medium heat until a drop of water bounces and sizzles. Add 1 teaspoon butter; turn to coat the pan with the melted butter. Pour in a scant 1/3 cup batter and quickly swirl the pan to evenly coat the bottom. Cook until the pancake sets, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, carefully lift the pancake by the edges and flip; cook until lightly golden on the other side, 15 to 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate; keep warm in the oven while making the others. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter to make about 12 pancakes. If the pancakes seem too thick, thin the batter slightly with warm water. Fold or roll and serve with confectioners' sugar, syrup and fresh fruit.


Now for a random photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment