Monday, April 11, 2011

Shrimp Gumbo Casserole

Hey! So this weekend has been very crazy. And very stressful. So a friend of mind (well now ex friend for now) went out of town and asked me to dog sit. I was fine with it. The dog's name is Buddy, and he is a 6 month old german sheperd mix. We think he's mixed with lab. Anyways, Sat I find out my friend is moving there and is'nt coming back and he left me with the dog. I told him I could send the dog to him, but he said no. So I was stuck. I took the dog home to my house (the friends contract was up for his apt) and I had him in my room. He stayed with me that night. So then Sunday, my parents found out and refused to let the dog in the house and wouldnt even let him in the backyard. So now I need to find a home for him and no one seems to want him. He is the most well behaved puppy I know, and he is even house trained. I have till wednesday to find him a home, so if any of yall know someone who wants a dog, or if yall want a dog, let me know. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

So right now I'm at work, at the hospital, and I have found some more pics for yall to enjoy. The first group of pics is of what we grew up with.













I loved this place!!!







Here are some other funny pics!!
































Shrimp Gumbo Casserole


Ingredients
Gumbo:
nocoupons
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
1 cup chicken or fish stock
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
10-ounce package frozen cut okra
2 cups shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined

Topping:
nocoupons
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
12-ounce package corn muffin mix
Directions
In an iron skillet, saute onion and celery in oil. Add bay leaves, thyme, lemon-pepper seasoning and House Seasoning. Pour in stock and add tomatoes and okra. Cover pot and gently simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp.


To prepare the topping, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together egg and milk, add to muffin mix, and combine until just well-blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls on top of hot shrimp mixture, leaving the center uncovered. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.


Cook's Note: This Southern dish usually is prepared and served in an iron skillet, but may be cooked in a frying pan with an ovenproof handle.

House Seasoning:
nocoupons
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

4 comments:

  1. dang ur ex friend gave u the old swicherooo

    ha! classic,

    sux though poor dog, his family must be real happy of what they did to him...

    ren n stimpy lol awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.
    That was sooo uncool.
    I would have LOVED to take in buddy for you!
    :(
    hope you find someone soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that picture from DZ Discovery Zone? discover what I can do on my own, I can jump swing crawl or mountain climb, I'm going DZ Discovery Zone! I sing that to my sister sometimes. good times at DZ. p.s. found you from 20 something bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that is from DZ Discovery Zone.

    And Lu3Lu, you sure you dont want Buddy?

    ReplyDelete